Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Banana Muffins

While I'm getting used to GF cooking/baking, the one thing I truly despise is all the different GF flours there are out there, and there are just as many websites that have recipes calling for all of them.

For starters, it's expensive buying all these different flours, plus, who wants to take up valuable pantry space with 10 different containers of flour? Not me!

Thankfully, I recently found 2 different flours that I really like. The best part is they can be used exactly as you would use regular flour in any recipe, and you don't even have to add xanthan gum (unless using yeast)! Cool beans!

In the recipe below, the recipe calls for regular flour. I used one of the GF all purpose flours, and it worked great. Even the picky eaters loved them, and in my opinion, they tasted just as great and moist as regular muffins.

GF/SF Banana Muffins

4 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1c. Splenda
1 slightly beaten egg
1/3c. canola oil
1t. baking soda
1t. baking powder
1 1/2c flour

Mix the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and oil together. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together baking soad, baking powder, and flour. Mix wet and dry ingredients together, beging careful not to over-stir.

Pour into greased muffin tins and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20min.

The original recipe called for Sugar, but as you can see, I used Splenda instead, since I prefer to keep my sugar intake as low as possible.

These muffins freeze well. Pull one out, pop it in the microwave, and it'll taste like it just came out of the oven.

You can also switch up the bananas for a can of GF pumpkin puree, and adding 1tsp. cinnamon, and 1tsp allspice. Yum!

Can't you just imagine sitting out on your porch on an sunny early morning having one of these delicious muffins?

No comments:

Post a Comment